Thursday, April 5, 2012

It didn’t occur to me DonorsResource would be a non-profit organization, as opposed to something involving organs, or blood donations.  Not wanting to be stuck in Mr. Wechter’s SAT prep for my Oldoni period; I eagerly switched into the next available class, DonorsResource, without a second thought.  After learning about its mission of connecting non-profit’s with donations, I was eager to jump on board.  Over the summer I had participated in a camp called Exploregon, which provided underprivileged teenagers with the unique opportunity to do things like, cliff diving, and zip lining.  I met many interesting people, and was surprised by how they were in need of such basic things like a backpack, or a raincoat, stuff I take for granted on a daily basis.  The idea of reaching out to them and making a difference, is what made me want to pursue working at DonorsResource, so that they may one day be able to get that raincoat, and backpack.

No comments:

Post a Comment